Ultra Lightweight Designs for Effortless Distance and Launch
New Drivers, Fairways and Hybrids Offer Speed and Launch for Moderate Swing Speed Golfers
Titleist introduces the final additions to its breakthrough TSR metalwood family with the launch of the new TSR1 driver, fairway and hybrid. Engineered for the moderate swing speed player – those with driver swing speeds less than 90 mph – TSR1 promotes optimal launch conditions through an ultra-lightweight design, enhanced aerodynamics and strategically placed Center of Gravity (CG). The line is designed to bring these players effortless speed, distance and high launch without sacrificing forgiveness, looks or feel.
TSR1 metals will be available for fittings and presale on Feb. 2 and in golf shops worldwide on Feb. 23.
The TSR1 driver is built for ultra-lightweight speed and distance. According to industry research, the moderate speed player accounts for roughly one-third of all golfers worldwide. The TSR1 driver provides these players the launch characteristics and speed to deliver effortless added yards to every drive.
As a maximum performance 460cc driver, TSR1 is roughly 40 grams lighter than TSR2, with weight savings coming from a lighter headweight, 40-gram shaft and lightweight grip. The elimination of excess weight, combined with improved aerodynamics and a similar “boat tail” shape to TSR2, helps golfers swing TSR1 faster through the air. Multi-Plateau Variable Face Thickness technology found in other TSR driver models assists in speed retention from off-center hits, while a deep CG almost perfectly centered to the face promotes higher launch and exceptional ball speed.
“The TSR1 line represents a continued commitment to deliver speed to every style of player,” said Stephanie Luttrell, Titleist Director of Metalwood Development. “With the TSR1 driver, we found more speed and launch for the player through a lightweight design, better aerodynamics and our deepest CG ever in a Titleist driver.”
TSR1 drivers feature MMT SpeedMesh shafts that play at under 40 grams in all flexes, offering ultra-lightweight speed paired with incredible stability and energy transfer at impact.
TSR1 Fairway Metal
The lightest and highest launching TSR fairway metal, TSR1 is designed to help moderate speed players get even more speed and launch out of every strike. TSR1 fairways have a larger footprint than the TSR2 offerings at 180cc, however, TSR1 is 20 grams lighter. An open hosel construction helps create a deeper CG placement that promotes higher launch and more forgiveness. TSR1 fairways also have a 15 percent higher MOI than their predecessor thanks to improved shaping and weighting. For golfers seeking to get the golf ball up in the air higher and faster, TSR1 is designed to do just that.
“In designing TSR1 fairways, high launch was the top priority,” said Josh Talge, Vice President, Titleist Golf Club Marketing. “We wanted to make the highest launching and most forgiving fairway we could. The result makes for a seamless transition from TSR1 driver through the top end of the bag.”
Built for golfers seeking distance and stability in their hybrid game, TSR1 hybrids achieve more speed and higher MOI through its enhanced profile and ultra-lightweight construction. A larger “wood-type” clubhead allows for a deeper CG placement and a more confidence-inspiring look at address. Despite the larger profile, the TSR1 hybrid’s design achieves performance gains without increasing swingweight. TSR1 hybrid shafts utilize a .335 fairway tip and are ½-inch longer than prior generations for increased speed and launch.
“Keeping with the increased demand for higher lofted fairways from players, TSR1 hybrids are the most ‘wood-like’ hybrids we have ever made,” said Talge. “With a larger profile and a slightly longer shaft, TSR1 hybrids promote the speed and launch golfers may want from a fairway but with the added gapping flexibility to fit into the rest of the bag.”
- Ultra-Lightweight Configuration: TSR1 drivers, fairways and hybrids have been stripped of every non-essential gram of weight from head to grip to ensure the lightest possible build without sacrificing performance.
- Multi-Plateau Variable Face Thickness Design on TSR1 Driver: New VFT technology originally debuted in TSR2, TSR3 (Speed Ring), and TSR4 drivers and is now featured in TSR1, optimizing speed retention on off-center strikes.
- Deep CG, High MOI: The center of gravity in each TSR1 model is positioned deep, raising MOI and maximizing high launch and ball speed. TSR1 drivers feature the deepest CG in a Titleist driver, now almost perfectly centered to the face, while the fairways’ open hosel construction and hybrids’ wood-type profile optimizes CG placement.
- Confidence-Inspiring Shaping: Larger footprints in both TSR1 fairways and hybrids offer maximum forgiveness at impact and confidence over the ball, while the updated shaping of the TSR1 driver sits better at address and aerodynamic improvements help swing it faster through the air.
- Driver: RH: 9°, 10°, 12° | LH: 10° (9° and 12° custom only)
- Fairway: RH and LH: 3W (15°), 5W (18°), 7W (20°), 9W (23° | custom only)
- Hybrid: RH and LH: 4H (20°), 5H (23°), 6H (26°), 7H (29° | custom only)
TSR1 Featured shafts
TSR1 drivers, fairways, and hybrids come equipped with Mitsubishi MMT SpeedMesh shafts, designed for players looking for an ultra-lightweight setup with maximum speed and stability. Metal Mesh Technology (MMT) is made with lighter and thinner materials and applied to the tip section to maximize energy transfer. MMT SpeedMesh shafts have a total playing weight under 40g (woods) and 50g (hybrids) across all flexes, the perfect complement to the lightweight construction of TSR1.
- Driver and fairways: Mitsubishi MMT SpeedMesh 40 (Men’s) and 35 (Ladies)
- Hybrids: Mitsubishi MMT SpeedMesh 50 HY (Men’s) and 40 HY (Ladies)
TSR1 Standard Lengths
- Driver: 45.75” (44.5” Ladies)
- Fairway: 43”, 42”, 41.5”, 41” (Ladies 1” under men’s stock build)
- Hybrid: 40.5”, 40”, 39.5”, 39” (Ladies 1” under men’s stock build)
- Drivers: Golf Pride TV 360 Lite Gray Flat Cap
- Fairways: Golf Pride TV 360 Lite Plus Dark Gray Flat Cap
- Hybrids: Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 No Paintfill
Availability and Price
New Titleist TSR1 drivers, fairway metals and hybrids will be available for pre-sale on Feb. 2 and in golf shops worldwide beginning Feb. 23 at $800 for TSR1 drivers | TSR1 fairways $450 | TSR1 hybrids $400.