SUNSHINE TOUR | Jonsson Workwear Open
JC Ritchie (Pro V1) made it back-to-back victories on the Sunshine Tour, cruising to a six-shot victory Sunday in South Africa.
- Ritchie, now a 10-time winner on the Sunshine Tour, opened the week with a course-record 9-under 61 at Mount Edgecombe Country Club – making five birdies, an eagle and an ace at the 213-yard par-3 second hole on what was his 28th birthday.
- He followed with rounds of 63-65-71 in the co-sanctioned Challenge Tour event to finish at 26 under and lead a 1-2-3 finish for Titleist golf ball players.
- All four events played this season on the Sunshine Tour have been won with Titleist golf balls.
- Said Ritchie: “I don't have the words for this. This week has been unbelievable. I had a hole-in-one, set a course record, had my birthday, broke my lowest score twice, and then won the tournament. I’ve never dreamt of this. This is special.”
ASIAN TOUR | Royal’s Cup 2022
Chan Shih-chang (Pro V1x) claimed his second Asian Tour victory in four months with a wire-to-wire victory in Thailand.
- Shih-chang, 35, closed in 4-under 68 to finish the week at 23 under and win by three shots.
- It was the fourth-career Asian Tour win for Shih-chang, who won a new car with an ace during Friday’s second round, holing his Pro V1x from 173 yards on the par-3 16th at Grand Prix Golf Club.
PGA TOUR | 2021-2022 Season at a Glance
Through the first 17 events of the 2021-22 PGA TOUR season, more players have put Titleist golf balls, drivers, hybrids, utility irons, irons, and wedges in play than any other brand:
- Players on the PGA TOUR have teed up a Titleist golf ball 1,584 times this season, more than seven times the nearest competitor (215). The most played golf ball model on TOUR? 2021 Pro V1x, followed closely by 2021 Pro V1. Nine of the last 11 events have been won using a Titleist golf ball.
- Titleist continues to be the most played driver among PGA TOUR players, with TSi3 being the TOUR’s most popular driver model. Nine of the current top 25 of the FedEx Cup rankings play a Titleist driver.
- Titleist is the longstanding No. 1 iron on the PGA TOUR, with more players teeing up NEW T100 irons this season than any other model. NEW T200 is TOUR’s most played utility iron.
- Since their debut at the beginning of ’22, NEW Vokey Design SM9 wedges have quickly become the TOUR’s most played wedges, making up 25 percent of the wedges in play at the Honda Classic. Vokey wedges have been the overwhelming favorite among TOUR players since 2004.
- Scotty Cameron was the most played putter last week at PGA National, while more winners (7) have used Scotty Cameron putters to win PGA TOUR events this season than any other brand.