At this week’s U.S. Amateur Championship, 312 of the game’s best amateur golfers are chasing history – and more of them are trusting their games to Titleist than any other brand.
Titleist is the overwhelming #1 golf ball and most played brand in every major equipment category at Ridgewood Country Club (N.J.) – a feat that has never been matched by any other brand, at any level of competitive golf.
This season on the PGA TOUR, Titleist has topped every major equipment category three times, and 26 times since the start of the 2019 calendar year. Titleist also swept the counts across this summer’s seven Elite Amateur Series events, the six NCAA Men’s Regional Championships and the U.S. Junior Championship.
This week in New Jersey:
- A total of 271 competitors (87%) are teeing up a Pro V1, Pro V1x, Pro V1 Left Dot or Pro V1x Left Dash, more than 11 times the nearest competitor (24) – including three of the stroke-play co-medalists.
- There are more Titleist drivers (121/39%), fairways (121 players/39%) and hybrids (36/40%) in play than any other brand – with a total of 285 (39%) total metalwoods in play, compared to 188 for the nearest competitor.
- Titleist is the most played utility iron with 118 (65%), more than five times the nearest competitor (23). T200 (Utility Build) the most popular model.
- Titleist irons are the top choice of players in New Jersey with 125 (40%) sets in play, more than double the nearest competitor (59). T100 irons are the most trusted model.
- There are more Vokey Design wedges (59%) in play than all other brands combined.
- More competitors are trusting Scotty Cameron putters (102) than any other brand (Nearest competitor: 68).
Gaming a Pro V1x golf ball and all-Titleist setup – including a NEW TSR3 driver (9.0°) and TSR3 fairway metal (16.5°) – reigning NCAA individual champion Gordon Sargent fired a 5-under 65 on Tuesday, the lowest round of stroke play, to advance to the match-play bracket.
What’s Gordon Sargent’s Golf Bag?
Golf Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
Driver: NEW TSR3 9.0°
Fairway Metal: NEW TSR3 16.5°
Utility Iron: T200 (Utility Build) 3
Irons: T100 (4), 620 CB (5) and 620 MB (6-9)
Wedges: NEW Vokey Design SM9 (46.10F, 52.08F, 56.10S) & SM8 (WedgeWorks 60T)
Putter: Scotty Cameron 009M tour prototype