PGA TOUR | The Honda Classic
Titleist Brand Ambassador Matt Jones – playing a Pro V1x golf ball, NEW TSi2 driver and TSi3 fairway, Vokey SM8 wedges and Scotty Cameron putter among his Titleist equipment – concluded an historic week at The Honda Classic with a five-shot win at PGA National, tying the largest margin of victory in tournament history.
- Jones hit 11 of 14 fairways and 17 of 18 greens in his closing 2-under 68
- Jones’ +14.3 strokes gained from tee to green is the most over four rounds by any player at The Honda Classic since ShotLink tracking began 15 years ago.
- According to Jones: “That’s the best I've hit it from tee to green for, ever. And to be able to do it on this golf course is amazing. I mean, you have to do it out here to have a chance and I did it. … I was very comfortable controlling the ball flight and trajectory all week.”
- Jones opened with a record-breaking 9-under 61 Thursday at a windy and difficult PGA National, resulting in +10.49 strokes gained, the most in any one round by a PGA TOUR player this season.
- Jones led a 1-2 finish for Titleist golf ball players. Runner-up Brandon Hagy (Pro V1), who started the week as the second-to-last alternate, posted a career-low 62 on Friday and closed in 66 for his best finish of the season.
WHAT’S IN MATT JONES’ BAG?
Golf Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
Driver: NEW TSi2 10.0° (Fujikura Ventus Blue 7 X)
Fairway Metal: NEW TSi3 16.5° (Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Dual TiNi 80 TX)
Irons: 712 MB (4-PW) (Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400)
Wedges: Vokey Design SM7 52.08F, 56.10S, SM8 58.08M (@60°) (Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400)
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 GSS prototype
JONES WINS WITH TSi
Matt Jones gamed a NEW Titleist TSi2 10.0° driver, finishing eighth in total driving for the week at PGA National. Jones put TSi immediately in play when it launched on tour last September.
- According to Titleist Tour Rep Jim Curran: “It was an easy switch for Matt. He loves the sound, feel and shape, and his ball speed is up a couple miles per hour with very consistent spin and launch.”
- Titleist continues to be the most played driver this season on the PGA Tour, with 41 drivers in play The Honda Classic, nine more than the nearest competitor.
- Of the 41 Titleist drivers in play, 38 were TSi2, TSi3 and TSi4 models.
- Titleist was also the top choice in fairways, hybrids, utility irons, irons and wedges.
EUROPEAN TOUR | Magical Kenya Open
Justin Harding (Pro V1)
Titleist Brand Ambassador Justin Harding – playing a Pro V1 golf ball and NEW TSi3 driver among his Titleist equipment – claimed his second European Tour title with a two-shot victory in Kenya.
- Harding used his TSi3 driver to reach the green at the 332-yard par-4 9th hole Sunday, leaving him a 15-footer for eagle which he made to take a four-shot lead at the turn.
- He closed in 5-under 66 to post the lowest winning total (21 under) in tournament history.
- Titleist golf ball players have won four of the first five events to start the European Tour season.
WHAT’S IN JUSTIN HARDING’S BAG?
Golf Ball: Titleist Pro V1
Driver: NEW TSi3 9.0°
Fairway Metals: TS2 13.5° & 18.0°
Utility Iron: U500 (4)
Irons: 620 MB (5-PW)
Wedges: Vokey Design SM8 50.08F, 54.08M, 58T
HARDING WINS WITH TSi
Harding became the third player in the last four events on the European Tour to win playing a NEW TSi driver, following wins by Antoine Rozner (TSi3) and the winner of the Dubai Desert Classic (TSi3).
- Harding recently worked with Titleist European Tour Rep Liam McDougall on his TSi3 driver, moving to a heavier Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 7 TX shaft that gave him better control and more workability.
- TSi was the most played model in Kenya, with a total of 40 TSi2 and TSi3 models in play.
KORN FERRY TOUR | Chitimacha Louisiana Open
Roberto Diaz – a week after putting the NEW Titleist Pro V1 golf ball in play – closed in 3-under 68 to secure a one-shot victory and earn his first Korn Ferry Tour victory.
- Diaz led a 1-2-3 finish for Titleist golf ball players in Louisiana, edging Peter Uihlein (NEW Pro V1x) by one, with Tom Whitney (NEW Pro V1) finishing another shot back.
DIAZ WINS WITH NEW PRO V1
Diaz switched into the NEW Pro V1 after testing the new model at home during the offseason.
- “With NEW Pro V1 Roberto found that he was gaining distance off the driver, while getting some spin in the short game. He also loved the softer feel around the green,” said Jeff Beyers, Tour Consultant for Titleist Golf Ball R&D. “He’s been very happy with the change and it certainly showed this week.”
TSi DRIVERS TOP CHOICE IN LOUISIANA
Titleist was the most played driver at the Chitimacha Louisiana Open with 44 drivers in play, 41 one of them being NEW TSi models. Titleist was also the top choice in fairways, hybrids, utility irons, irons and wedges.
SUNSHINE TOUR | Gauteng Championship
Jbe Kruger (Pro V1x Left Dash)
Titleist Brand Ambassador Jbe Kruger – playing a Pro V1x Left Dash golf ball and NEW TSi3 driver among his Titleist equipment – closed in 6-under 66 to claim his first victory since 2019.
- Titleist golf ball players swept the top 3 spots on the leaderboard, with Kruger finishing two strokes clear of Titleist Brand Ambassador Martin Rohwer (Pro V1), with Neil Schietekat (NEW Pro V1x) finishing another shot back.
WHAT’S IN JBE KRUGER’S BAG?
Golf Ball: Titleist Pro V1x Left Dash
Driver: NEW TSi3 10.0°
Fairway Metal: NEW TSi2 16.5°
Irons: T100 4-PW
Wedges: Vokey Design SM8 50°, 54°, 60°