AMATEUR | U.S. Amateur
At the 2021 U.S. Amateur Championship, more of the game’s top amateur golfers have trusted their performance to Titleist than any other brand. Of the 312 players competing this week at Oakmont Country Club, Titleist is the top choice across every major equipment category: golf balls, drivers, fairway metals, hybrids, utility irons, iron sets, wedges and putters.
Titleist is the only brand to have achieved this feat on any level of competitive golf. This season on the PGA TOUR, Titleist has topped every major equipment category four times, and 23 times since the start of the 2019 calendar year. Titleist also swept the major equipment categories at this summer’s U.S. Junior Championship.
- A total of 245 players teed up a Titleist Pro V1, Pro V1x or Pro V1x Left Dash golf ball, more than six times the nearest competitor (37).
- Titleist was the most played driver (110 players), with 84% of the Titleist drivers in play being TSi models.
- Titleist TSi3 was the overwhelming most played driver model at the event (78), double the nearest competitive model (39).
- Titleist irons were in the bags of 120 players – with T100 models as the field favorites – compared to 60 for the nearest competitor.
- There were more than 500 Vokey Design wedges in play at the U.S. Amateur (511), more than three times the nearest competitor (143).
- Scotty Cameron putters were in the bags of 84 players – with Newport and Newport 2 models the favorites among Scotty Cameron players – compared to 69 for the nearest competitor.
AMATEUR | U.S. Women’s Amateur
Titleist was also the field favorite at last week’s U.S. Women’s Amateur in golf balls, drivers, fairway metals, hybrids, utility irons, iron sets, and wedges.
- The champion, playing a Pro V1 golf ball, posted a 2-and-1 victory in an all-Titleist golf ball final to complete an improbable run at Westchester Country Club