July 31, 2018 at 01:02 AM
what do u guys/girls do before a round?? first you hit the driving range?? what type of bucket size do u get? then do u go putt? then chip? or what order do you do it?? also i want to know how you go through your bag at the driving rang??
i just want to know because i keep changing ever time i go to a place so i am just wondering and maybe i will be able to find one that will work for me.. Thanks
Tyler HAppleton, WI
July 31, 2018 at 01:19 PM
In the past, i would stretch, hit tons of balls on the range and then little time on short game and putting.. NOW, I stretch, hit a VERY small bucket (maybe 15 balls at most, i'll hit like (7) PW, (4) 7 Irons and whatever is left a few drivers) on the range just to warm up and the last 1/2 hour or so before tee time i chip and putt around. best advice I ever got from a few Trash Pandas. It has truly paid off for me.
Dale VEscondido, CA
Scott AitkenMarch, Cambridgeshire
July 31, 2018 at 10:44 PM
I do pretty much the same as whats up above. I just found what works best for me and do the same the every time I play
I do 1 token at our range which is like 35 balls. I do a quick stretch then hit balls.
* 3-5 balls with 50* wedge
* 3-5 balls with 9 iron, usually first try flighting it down and work up to a full high 9
* 3-5 balls with 7 iron (same as 9 iron, low flight to full high 7 iron)
* 3-5 balls with 5 iron (same as 9 and 7)
* 1-3 balls with 4, if first swing is hit well and where I'm aiming I move to 3 hybrid and do the same
* 2-3 balls with 3 wood off a tee, then 1-2 from the ground
* then driver anywhere from 4-8 driver swings, just depends how I'm hitting it that day, if 1st few shots are good I stop
* 2-3 with 54* wedge
If there's 1-3 balls left from my bucket or left behind by someone I try to hit 1-3 with PW cuz it's usually what my 1st approach into hole 1 is.
Then putt-chip-pitch. Luckily we have a really big practice green that's never busy, usually empty.
* So I do 8 balls from like 3-4ft circle around 1 hole, then do it again from like a 6ft circle with 8 balls. Then hit 3 balls uphill from each 15ft, and 30ft, then downhill 30ft, and 15ft, 3 balls each.
* Then hit about 4-5 balls to 3 different distances with 54*, then 9 iron, then 50*
* Lastly 6-10 balls from a very short sided area with my 58*
LOL it sounds like a lot when typing it but it doesn't take long.
Chuck ZMt Pleasant, SC
Barry BLake St Louis, MO
Darryl MWichita, KS
nicholas vMount Pleasant- home of bucks run in Michigan
Fred CMansfield, TX
Haven't registered for Team Titleist yet?