1) when I've been lucky enough to receive a prototype ball from Titleist for testing, I go to the muni in the early am, hit drives with it and other balls and note the ball flight and distance, chart my chipping with the ball and do a putting comparison as well.
2) I bought office windows for my laptop for the express purpose of tracking my golf stats.
3) introduced my wife to the game and we spent our honeymoon driving down the California coast and played in each town we stayed and we are still happily married
4) I like to clean my clubs the night before a round and lean them against my work bench, like a knight laying out his armour and weapons before a battle
5) when a advertisement from Golf Mart or Golf Galaxy arrives, I'm as excited as my wife when she gets the Nordstrom ads.
6) speaking of reading, after getting my golf magazine in the mail, nothing gets done until I've read it from cover to cover
7) before I retired, I had an old 8802 putter in my office to practice putting
8) the smell of cut grass is sublime to me
9) I think a hot dog and a beer at the grill at my local course after a round tastes better than almost anything
10) I think that comparing Dan Jenkins, James Dodson or Michael Hamburger to James Joyce, Hemingway or Faulkner is perfectly legitimate
11) I believe that wearing a button down sweater doesn't make you a dork, it is a homage to Arnie
12) one of the best jobs I ever had was when my Dad and I worked at the cart shed during the 1993 Tour Championship